Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Everything is Better with a Friend

I seldom come up with any card or scrapbook designs from scratch so am thankful there are various resources from which to be inspired.  Today I used this sketch from CASE(S) this Sketch #111 to create my card.
I made this card for my Secret Sister for this past weekend's retreat.  Her favorite paper packet is Heartstrings so I decided to incorporate it, totally leaning away from it being Valentine related.  I think I was successful!  ;)
I used our Dot Embossing Folder, on Hollyhock cardstock, and then distressed it to expose some of the white core.  I layered it onto a slightly larger piece of White Daisy cardstock to allow for the border, needing to set it off a bit from the patterned B&T.  

It is kind of hard to tell but I did paper piece several things in the stamped shopping girl image.  The dress, polka dot and animal print gift bags were all paper pieced.  The remaining items were colored in with our ShinHan markers.  Doesn't it look great?!  (I am a little proud of myself as the paper piecing truly seems almost seamless unless you were to run your finger over it.)
This stamp set, "Everything is Better with a Friend" is only available through March 31, 2015 and is only exclusive to hostesses.  You can get it by hosting a physical or online Gathering or by placing a $150 order.  (Contact me with questions.)  It is definitely one of my favorites!

If you are "off" today because of cold weather in your area, it is a great excuse to get out your papercrafting products!  :)  Have a blessed day!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that pretty sentiment! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leigh! It was totally fun and I was pleased with my result! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A double love it from you, Katy? I am totally honored! :) It means a lot to me, truly...

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!