Monday, October 13, 2014

Simple Happy Birthday Card

I have seen what I would call "clean" cards and thought I would give it a try.  I love the simplicity of the look and talk about quick-to-put-together; you can't beat that!
I used the "Think Big" stamp set (shown here) which has some beautiful images.  I have a feeling I will be using this stamp set quite a bit.  Gotta love the various sentiments included with this set.  I stamped it in Black Ink and then used the ShinHan Cherry Pink Marker to color in the butterfly image.
I added some of our Lagoon Hearts Washi Tape for a banner strip, with a dovetail cut, and then added some Black Sparkles (to the butterfly) and Aqua Dots (to the bottom of the card) for some added accents.
I hope this card inspires you to realize that your artwork does not have to be overly involved and take large amounts of time.  This card will go in the mail tomorrow to a friend celebrating their birthday later this week.  I hope she loves it!

Wishing you a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love how you dove-tailed the Washi Tape and then outlined it with a pen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so, Sheila. It was fun to make!

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!