Sunday, September 14, 2014

Scared Cat Artwork with an Attitude Blog Hop

Thank you for joining 16 of us as we showcase Close To My Heart's paper pack, "Scaredy Cat".  If you are coming here from Christy's Blog you are on the right track. You can start the blog hop at Jen's Blog if you get lost along the way.
I decided to create an oldie but goodie to showcase this paper. I made these sour cream candy containers years ago when I first started stamping with CTMH and thought they would make for a perfect Halloween treat, perfect for this hop.  It takes just a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" sheet of paper and some strong adhesive.  Here are some simple directions for creating them - click here.  What I like about them is they are not too big and not too small.  They are a perfect size for a perfect treat!
This is how they look from a side view.  You can see how they totally take on the appearance of the sour cream containers provided at restaurants.  Fun, right?  And I love this one in that the patterned paper didn't require anything but cutting, rolling and pinching because it's Halloween all by itself.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment. I would love to know what you think of these treats. Now, head on over to Di's Blog to see what fun she has in store for you.

Happy hopping'!

12 comments:

  1. I knew your project would be awesome! Love how you used this paper. Wish we could make them to give them out for Trick or Treaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Melinda! Thank you so much! Yes. Love the one with the b&t that didn't require anything else.

      Delete
  2. I love those! they are adorable! I always forget how fun and easy they are to make. Thank you for the darling reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - sour cream containers! Haven't seen those for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Have you never made them, Catherine? You'll have to give them a try and I see you have a li'l guy. He'll love them! :)

      Delete
  5. This takes me back a ways. I haven't seen sour cream contianers in years. Thanks for the reminder. You have used them in such a fun way. I LOVE the Halloween treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Christy! I am not sure what made me think of them but I love how they worked perfectly for this purpose.

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Melissa, for including directions. Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!