Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lollydoodle Wreath

Soo...I must admit I started a wreath for Christmas and...yeah...I never finished it. There was something about it that just did not have me motivated to do so.  I think it was because it was my first and I did not realize how putting forth a little more effort would make it more full and beautiful.

Well, I gave the wreath another try.  It was one of our projects at the retreat I attended over a week ago.  It was decorated in a different way than the first and I think I prefer this method better.
We simply cut 1/2" x 6" strips - I used approximately 5 sheets of B&T paper.  We made "loops" - actually we made two loops using two different patterns of paper, poked the stick pin through the ends (to make it stay as a loop) and then separated them before sticking them in the foam wreath.  (One of the girls there had an epiphany and this worked easier and faster.)  I worked on my wreath while enjoying the conversations in the room so I think it helped me just kind of go with the flow.  This is a great task for while watching tv with your family.
I love how it turned out.  Maybe it is because it is made out of Lollydoodle paper.  :)  Because of the looping technique used, you can actually use cardstock for some of your loops.  (I was not able to use loops with the other process I tried because it is too coarse.)  One of the girls at the retreat did add cardstock into her wreath and it looked beautiful!

If you have any questions about this process, please let me know.  I have this wreath hanging proudly in my studio.  Happy creatin'!


3 comments:

  1. I made 3 of these at Christmas for gifts. How did you use only 5 sheets of paper? I used so much more. Maybe I made the wrong size foam wreath. It took me hours and over hundreds of push pins. Did you cover your foam wreath all the way around? I loved how mine turned out, now I just need to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nickie, It was a small wreath - like 11", I believe. The one I started to make for Christmas was much bigger. And...I thought the smaller one would be too small. It is not. I did not cover my wreath all the way around. I just made sure that what could be seen was covered. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!