Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Goals for 2014

I am publicly sharing some of my S.M.A.R.T. goals that I am setting for 2014.  We talk about S.M.A.R.T. goals a lot in the educational arena.  If you aren't familiar with the acronym it stands for.


I am all about accountability as I am not one to disappointment or let down others so when I know others are watching I tend to better fulfill my commitment (to myself and others).

Here they are:
  1. Lose at least 10 lbs. by March 31st by eating better (whole fruits, vegetables, etc.) and exercising at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes for each workout. 
  2. Tone up my body by June 15th so that I can comfortably wear whatever I want (i.e. shorts, sun dresses, bathing suit) over the summer.
  3. Blog at least three times a week throughout 2014 and maintain effective and regular communication through my media sites (with friends, team members, and customers).    
  4. Establish and maintain an organizational system/planner by January 15th that I will use effectively and then re-evaluate May 31st (to determine whether to continue as is or adjust for the remainder of the calendar year).
  5. Take at least 12 hours for me, each week, by consuming myself in the things I enjoy (papercrafting, blogging, chillin', spending time with family, reading, supporting my CTMH team, etc.) so I can be effective in my required tasks.  I will evaluate this on a monthly basis, by tracking the hours I spend on me each week.  This will continue throughout 2014.  
I am going to keep this visual handy throughout the year.  I know that in order to achieve a goal, I must be intentional about  it each day.  It is not going to happen magically, although that would be nice.  :)  But then...I guess what would be the fulfillment of that?!  (I think I could find some fulfillment somewhere.  LOL)

Please feel free to check up on me and my progress in achieving these goals.  I know that by accomplishing each of these, even on a short-term basis, will make me feel better about myself and my purpose.  These five goals really help me in getting other things in line.

Here's to a fantastic, productive and BLESSED new year!

2 comments:

  1. I have written my share of SMART goals when I was teaching. I now need to write them for my 'retired' job. Not sure how the 'measurable' part will play out but then again, I don't have to report it to anyone but me! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Adeline. Thanks so much for taking a moment to stop by. It is TOTALLY awesome you are only accountable to you. I have found, in those cases, that having an accountability partner helps me because I will do whatever I have to do to NOT have to report in and say, "I didn't do it." I need to revisit and reevaluate these. Thank you for redirecting me to this post. Have a GREAT day!

      Delete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!